DISCOVER 09 is a day-long open house at the Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center, a national and Pennsylvania resource for High-Performance Computing (HPC). This event will feature exhibits and demonstrations of HPC work in diverse fields of study. You can learn how the tools of HPC - computational science, modeling, simulation, visualization, data mining - can advance your understanding and ultimate success.
DISCOVER 09 will provide specific information on:
- PSC resources and services available to users and how to access these resources
- training and education opportunities
- science programs to prepare the next generation of technology workers
Demonstrations in diverse fields including weather, biomedicine, energy and product development will be featured.
DISCOVER 09 is a full day especially designed for:
Universities and Colleges...
- professors and researchers
- graduate and undergraduate students
In all disciplines:
- physics, biology, chemistry
- earth and environmental science
- economics and finance
- social studies
- and others where a computational approach might be useful
The Private Sector...
- researchers, scientists, engineers, and corporate decision-makers
- economic development organizations
See how HPC can improve innovation and competitiveness through applications such as:
- product development
- material engineering
- supply chain management
- financial modeling
- customer data analysis
RSVP now to attend DISCOVER 09